Any one of the documents listed below will provide the necessary evidence of the right to work in the UK. The document provided must be the original.
- A passport showing that the holder is a British citizen, or has the right of abode in the United Kingdom.
- A document showing that the holder is a national of a European Economic Area country* or Switzerland. This must be a national passport or national identity card.
- A residence permit issued by the United Kingdom to a national from the European Economic Area country or Switzerland.
- A passport or other document issued by the Home Office which has an endorsement stating that the holder has a current right of residence in the United Kingdom as the family member of a national from a European Economic Area country or Switzerland.
- A passport or other travel document endorsed to show that the holder can stay indefinitely in the United Kingdom, or has no time limit on their stay.
- A passport or other travel document endorsed to show that the holder can stay in the United Kingdom; and that this endorsement allows the holder to do the type of work the employer is offering if they do not have a work permit.
- An Application Registration Card issued by the Home Office to an asylum seeker stating that the holder is permitted to take employment.
*The following countries are part of the EEA:
Austria; Belgium; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Netherlands; Norway; Portugal; Spain; Sweden; United Kingdom; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Estonia; Hungary; Latvia; Lithuania; Malta; Poland; Slovakia; Slovenia.