ABDO members are once again being offered the chance to win a trip for two to Silmo in Paris between 27-30 September by entering an exclusive prize draw.
The prize includes two economy flights from a UK airport to Paris and two nights’ accommodation in a double room, including breakfast at the Hyatt Regency, Porte Étoile. It’s been completely refurbished and there is a shuttle bus that goes each morning to the show.
Prize winners will also gain special VIP access to the Silmo d’Or evening gala to be held at an exclusive location in the center of Paris on Saturday 28 September. The evening will celebrate Silmo and reward the best products of 2019.
To enter the draw, email your name, ABDO membership number and mobile phone number to email@example.com by 23:59 on Friday 23 August. Please put Silmo Competition in the title of your email.
The winner will be notified by Friday 30 August, and full terms and conditions can be found below.
Silmo Paris takes place from 27 -30 September. For the latest updates visit www.silmo.com
Terms and Conditions
1. The SILMO prize draw (the ‘Prize Draw’) is open to all current Association of British Dispensing Opticians (‘ABDO’) members aged 18 and over who provide their name, ABDO membership and mobile number via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
2. ABDO employees or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5. ABDO accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by ABDO.
6. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on Friday 23 August 2019. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
7. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random process. The draw will take place on Friday 30 August.
8. The winner will receive two economy flights from a UK airport to Paris and accommodation for two nights, including breakfast at the Hyatt Regency Porte Étoile on dates from 27 – 28 September 2019.
9. ABDO accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, meals, travel to and from airports and the trade show venue).
10. The winner will be notified by either email or telephone on Friday 30 August 2019 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond to ABDO within 14 days of being notified by ABDO, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and ABDO shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and ABDO shall be entitled to select another winner.
11. The name of the winner can be obtained after 1st October 2019 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Association of British Dispensing Opticians, 199 Gloucester Terrace, London W2 6LD.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
13. ABDO retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
14. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on ABDO’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by ABDO and related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by ABDO and related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
16. ABDO accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. ABDO further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of ABDO for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
17. ABDO reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of ABDO in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. ABDO shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. Promoter: Association of British Dispensing Opticians, 199 Gloucester Terrace, London W2 6LD.