Have you thought about promoting your practice on the local radio? There are lots of chances to mention eyecare, particularly if you can contact the radio station with a topical link. Read on to find out more.
- Spend half an hour jotting down upcoming events. These could be eye-related, like a week focusing on glaucoma, or seasonal, such as ‘back to school’.
- Make a list of local media, and think which outlets and specific shows reach people who you would like as potential patients. There are usually BBC and commercial radio stations in every area. Find out the contacts for the relevant shows.
- Contact the show producer offering your services as an expert. Make sure that the show you are focusing on has a slot where they interview people.
- Listen out for topical news, and have a short 100-word resume that you can send in, in case the station needs comment on a news story.
- Build a relationship with your local radio team. Invite them in for practice events, and even for an eye examination.