ABDO’s National Resource Centre is an education events and examinations hub offering clinical and training facilities over 11,000 sq ft on two floors.
Set in the heart of Birmingham this brand new facility is available for internal and external events, from small meetings to conferences, seminars, training, revision and CET courses.
The NRC offers you:
- Clinical facilities showcasing the latest technology.
- 10 bays equipped for refraction and contact lenses and pre-screening area.
- State of the art video slit-lamp which can be recorded and projected live on up to five screens around the building.
- Equipment for dispensing, screening, minor eye conditions services and glazing.
- Lecture areas for 60 to 160 people.
- Flexible facilities offering one large area or up to five separate rooms.
- Rooms in theatre, exam or cabaret style.
- Catering facilities available including water dispensers, ‘bean to cup’ coffee and artisan flavoured teas.
The NRC is the location for all dispensing and contact lens practical examinations.
The NRC is within easy reach of major road, rail and air transport.
National Resource Centre COVID-19 Update
If you are planning how to deliver training in future months, you’ll be reassured by the changes at the NRC to ensure facilities are safe for all users as we plan to welcome you back. Your health and well-being is our top priority.
- The NRC team has carried out a thorough risk assessment.
- All staff have completed infection prevention and control (IPC) training, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- PPE will be provided for all events as well as hand sanitising stations throughout the centre.
- Communal areas have been adapted to adhere to social distancing. Perspex screens have been fitted in areas where necessary.
You can be confident that the NRC is a safe place for your events and training.
If you would like to discuss booking the NRC, contact Mat Stringer: email@example.com
More details of how we will keep you and your team safe:
Meeting, Event and Training Space
- Contactless sign in
- Hand sanitising stations and guidance throughout the NRC
- All areas configured for social distancing
- Protective desktop screens available
- Increased cleaning protocols
- Closed lid wastage
- New COVID-19 communication/conduct protocol provided before each event
- Trace information exchanged
- Social distancing, handwashing and sanitising signage in place
- PPE supply
Catering and Drinks
- New personal food menu with meals served individually
- Single use Vegware cups, cutlery and plates – compostable and responsibly sourced
- Enveloped and single use tea, coffee and sundries
- Cleaning stations at all coffee and catering areas
- Closed lid wastage
- Each clinical bay is sanitised before and after each use
- PPE and IPC signage in place
- Social distancing markings
- Hand wash stations with soap, paper towels, hand cleaning signage and closed lid wastage
- Slit lamp guards
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
How to book
You can view the floorplans here.
To book, call 0121 7527500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the NRC Website here.
Address: ABDO National Resource Centre, 4th Floor, Aqueous II, Aston Cross Business Village, Chester Street, Birmingham, B6 5RQ