You qualify for a free NHS-funded sight test if
- you’re aged under 16
- you’re aged 16, 17 or 18 and are in full-time education
- you’re aged 60 or over
- you’re registered as partially sighted (sight impaired) or blind (severely sight impaired)
- you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- you’re 40 or over, and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- you’ve been advised by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
- you’re a prisoner on leave from prison
- you’re eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – your optometrist (optician) can advise you about your entitlement
You’re also entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help.
Find out more on the NHS England website here.