Visualise Training & Consultancy, which celebrates its sixth anniversary this month, is offering a free CET webinar on ‘An introduction to visual impairment (Seeing Beyond the Eyes)’.
Taking place at 2pm on Thursday 16 April, the webinar offers one interactive CET point for dispensing opticians and optometrists.
It will discuss:
– Principal causes of sight loss in children, adults and older people
– Associated functional symptoms in initial and advanced stages
– Accessibility challenges people with a visual impairment experience when visiting eyecare practices
– Reasonable adjustments should be made to comply with current UK legislation
– Support and services available for patients with low vision and how to refer them
A unique perspective will be provided by Visualise founder, Daniel Williams, and it will be co-hosted by dispensing optician, Jayshree Vasani.