ABDO announces Become an Independent Optician event
Would you like to own your own practice? The Association of British Dispensing Opticians (ABDO) is running a Become an independent optician twilight session to help you find out more about what it really means to run your own business.
At the event you will hear from independent practice owners about the key to business success, network and share ideas, and discover the great support available to you as an independent from organisations including:
- The AIO Practice Support Network:
- Association for Independent Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians
- National Eyecare Group
- Myers La Roche
- Specs Network
Clive Marchant, ABDO President, will share his experience of becoming an independent practice owner and experts from each organisation will share their experiences of supporting independent practice owners. They will help answer some of the key questions all entrepreneurial eyecare practitioners should consider including:
- Why might you consider owning your own business?
- What are the benefits/advantages of running your own practice?
- What challenges might you have to overcome to become an independent practice owner?
- How do you go about acquiring your first practice?
- What are the key skills and competencies required of an independent practice owner?
The event is open to dispensing opticians and optometrists.
- Where – ABDO National Resource Centre, Floor 4, Aqueous II, Aston Cross Business Village, Rocky Lane, Aston, Birmingham. B6 5RQ
- When – 21st May 2019, 3.30pm – 6.30pm
Refreshments will be provided.
Book via http://bit.ly/IndiOpt
Notes to Editors
- Media enquiries to Antonia Chitty, 07538 525476, email@example.com
- ABDO represents over 6000 qualified dispensing opticians in the United Kingdom. Registered office, 199, Gloucester Terrace, London W2 6LD. abdo.org.uk