Boots Opticians communication to optometrists – delisting of Protect Plus Blue
ABDO was approached by members immediately after Boots Opticians issued its advice to optometrists regarding the delisting of Protect Plus Blue.
The issue was discussed at length at the ABDO board meeting on Thursday 6 April. Subsequently Mrs Fiona Anderson, President of ABDO, wrote to Boots Opticians outlining our concerns about the contents of that advice.
We are awaiting a response to our concerns and it would not be appropriate to comment further until a reply has been received.
However, members should be reassured that the ABDO board takes its responsibilities very seriously indeed in the question of protecting the professional integrity and the legal status of our members.
- PDFGOC Supplementary guidance on the professional duty of candour1.5 MB
- PDF2017 ABDO CET event programme1015.6 KB
- PDFThe role you can play: Working with AOCs, LOCs and ROCs297.6 KB
- PDFVouchers at a glance - April 2016160.9 KB
- PDFStandards of Practice for optometrists and dispensing opticians715.7 KB
- PDFOptical Confederation update on the Accessible Information Standard155.5 KB
- PDFGOC CET guide for registrants 2016-182.5 MB